top of page

Municipal Utilities

Electric, Water, and Sewer services for residents and businesses are provided by the City of Beresford. The City of Beresford also provides Cable TV, Internet, Telephone, and Surveillance Systems through Beresford Municipal Telephone Company (BMTC)

Utility Bills Consist of: 

  • Electric

  • Garbage Pickup

  • Water

  • Sewer

  • Surcharges

  • Tax

  • Penalties (if applicable)

  • Misc. (if applicable)

Electric meters and water meters are read on or near the 20th of each month and billed the following month. Example: consumption from December 21 through January 20 will be billed February 1.

Garbage is billed each month for the preceding month.

Important Dates

  • Utility bills and BMTC bills are mailed at the end of every month and are due on the 15th of the following month.​

  • A 5% penalty will be assessed and a delinquent notice will be mailed around the 18th of the month if payment is not received or postmarked by the 15th.

Need Utilities Set Up? 

​If you are able, please stop in City Hall at 101 N. 3rd St. to complete the Utility Application form and pay the required deposit (M-F, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.). Also bring your driver's license, passport, or other State-issued ID for identification. We only accept check, cash, or a money order for the deposit. If you are unable to come to City Hall, you can complete the form online and email to and mail the deposit and a copy of your ID.  

Renters: $200.00 - This deposit will be applied to your utility account after 12 consecutive, timely payments.

Owners: Residential - $75.00; Commercial - $100.00 - This deposit will be applied to your utility account after 6 consecutive, timely payments.

Moving away? Here is what

you need to do!

  1. Contact City Hall at 605-763-2008 to give them the following information:

    • Forwarding address​

    • Official last day

    • Good contact phone number

    • Who is moving in/new owner or landlord (if known)

  2. If you have any BeresfordTel services (phone, cable or internet) return any rented equipment to avoid fines.

Do you have Natural Gas?

​If you have natural gas, you will need to call

MidAmerican Energy to obtain services. Click here

to find out more information.

bottom of page