top of page

New Resident Information

Welcome! We are so glad you decided to move to Beresford! Below are a few steps you will need to complete when moving to town. If you have any questions, please call City Hall Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (605) 763-2008.

1. Set Up Utilities


The City of Beresford operates the electric, water, sewer and garbage. If you have natural gas, you will need to check with your landlord/realtor to determine who provides natural gas.


You will need to fill out our Utility Application form, give us a copy of your Driver's License and pay your deposit before your services are turned on. We only accept check, cash, or money orders for the deposit.


Renters: $200.00 - The deposit will be applied to your utility account after 12 consecutive, timely payments.

Owners: Residential - $75.00, Commercial - $100.00 The deposit will be applied to your utility account after 6 consecutive, timely payments.

Please bring the application and deposit to City Hall during operating hours (M-F, 8 AM-5PM)

2. Automatic Withdrawal for Bill Payment (optional)

The City of Beresford offers Automatic Bank Withdrawal from your checking or savings account for your utility and BMTC bills. The payment will be withdrawn from your bank account on the 15th of every month (if the 15th lands on a weekend, it will be the following Monday).

In order to start Automatic Withdrawals, you will need to complete our Authorization for Automatic Payments form and attach a voided check.

You can start/stop this service whenever you need. Just call City Hall and they will be happy to help you!

3. Garbage Service

The City of Beresford contracts with a sanitation company to provide garbage service for our residents. The City of Beresford will bill you monthly for your garbage pickups.

Please check out the "Garbage, Rubble, and Recycling" page for more information regarding garbage containers and the current Garbage Provider.

4. Cable, Internet, or Telephone (optional)


The City of Beresford offers telephone, cable, and/or internet services through Beresford Municipal Telephone Company

If you are interested in any of these services, please check out the BMTC Website for further information or call BMTC at (605) 763-2500 with any questions.

When you are ready for service, you can come to City Hall to fill out the application and pay any applicable deposits.


5. Dog Tag (if applicable)

If you have a dog, you will need to get a dog tag. Please bring paperwork proving their rabies vaccination. The fee is either $5 or $10 (neutered or not neutered).

bottom of page